How to Register
- Entry criteria. You need to have at least a university student (graduate or undergraduate) on your team to participate.
- Material. Film an elevator pitch of your idea or product up to 60 seconds in length. Click here to see the videos from last year.
- Submission. Please send the finalized video to [email protected] by November 1st.
- Judging metrics. We use a composite scoring system to select the winner of YouPitch. A panel of prominent venture capitalists and serial entrepreneurs who have significant experience in your respective field of interest will evaluate your pitch in depth. In addition, we will factor the number of views on YouTube and like counts on Facebook into our selection.
- Winner announcement. We will announce the winner of 2013 YouPitch Competition on Mnoday, November 4 on MIT $100K website.
- Prizes. We will invite the winning team to attend the 2013 MIT $100K Accelerate Kick-off event with Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit, at MIT on December 7. We will provide a travel stipend up to $1,000.
How to Win
- Upload the video on YouTube using your own account and email the link to [email protected].
- Note that only first 60 seconds after the intro ends will be considered for judging. So keep your videos within the time limit.
- Get as many thumbs up on YouTube and likes on Facebook as you can by promoting your video to your social network.
- Judges will be looking for the most original and viable business ideas in an early stage of development.
- Have fun!! We are looking for entrepreneurs who not only have great ideas but can inspire others to GET EXCITED about them.